The Aqua-Soft can be connected directly to an existing garden hose with the supplied fittings. (Attention! The Aqua-Soft is only suitable for use with normal household water pressure of +/- 2.5 bar or 36 PSI.) Tighten the connections securely to prevent severe leakage. Flush the Aqua-Soft until clean, clear water flows out. The aquaSoft must be flushed before every use. Now the Aqua-Soft is ready for use.
The filter material of the Aqua-Soft can remove a certain amount of calcium from the mains water and then it will be saturated. You can use the supplied calcium test solution to determine when this has occurred. When the test solution indicates that there is calcium in the water that exits the Aqua-Soft, you will have to regenerate the Aqua-Soft. To remove all of the filtered calcium from the filter material of the Aqua-Soft, you must carry out the regeneration as follows:
- Remove the largest connection of the Aqua-Soft (IN)
- Fill the regeneration area with the supplied salt tablets (aprox. 500 gr.)
- Close the largest connection and connect it to the garden hose coming from the tap
- Connect the supplied hose and sprayer to the other connection and make sure it is 2/3 closed
- Now open the tap and let the water flow through the Aqua-Soft until all the salt tablets are dissolved (this takes about 15 minutes)
After the regeneration, the Aqua-Soft can be used immediately.